Friday, March 4, 2011

Fan Mail

Once again it’s time to dig deep into the Grab bag of inquisitations to moi and give you the what’s what and heretofore.  We have some interesting questions this week and I hope you guys keep sending them.  If nothing else, at least they keep me entertained.
So without further ado, let’s get to the questions.

Do you think the Cowboys should pick a quarterback with their first pick?  I think Romo is a glorified backup and they need to get a proven winner or at least a winner to run this team.  
-L. Stanley, Las Colinas
Actually I think the Cowboys are pretty much set at QB.  The problem with Romo isn’t Romo; it was Wade Phillips and his renegade style of discipline he had.  If the QB can’t command the offense and can’t have a coach back him up when he needs it, then it doesn’t matter if you are Joe Montana or Peyton Manning.  All the offensive players knew they could do whatever they wanted and there would be no repercussions.  Hopefully with Garrett at the helm, there will be some accountability and Owner Jones will stay out of the way.  I wouldn’t count on it though.

If the Rangers add [Neftali] Feliz to the rotation, who takes over the closer role?
-Mike Brubaker, Dallas
Mike, that one may not be decided until the conclusion of spring training.  You have a few options but it all depends on progress.  Tanner Scheppers was on everyone’s radar last year, but he hasn’t had the best showing in camp.  Plus he is hurt to boot.  Ogando could take the role as well as Mark Lowe but there is still a lot of time between now and April 1st.  The thing we have to remember is all of this hinges on Feliz developing his secondary pitches.  If all he has is a fastball and a breaking ball, then he is going to stay in the bullpen and all of this discussion will be moot.

Okay, okay.  If Tony Romo were killed in a freak accident, who would you want to be the Cowboys next quarterback?  
-Larry S., Las Colinas
Umm.  Do you just not like this guy?

The Dallas Stars are in…
-Ari Fleischman, Little Rock
Stop, just stop.  I really could care less and you are just filling out my pages.  Obviously you are unaware that I could care less for hockey, even if it is the Stars.

Are you surprised that the Mavericks are doing so well this year and have the opportunity for the number one seed contingent on San Antonio losing games and the Mavs gaining ground?
-H. Gerald, Benbrook
I really am.  I would have never thought that Tyson Chandler would become such a pivotal player with this team.  I remember watching him over the summer with team USA and he barely got a sniff of playing time.  When he did play, he was less than impressive and I was convinced the Mavs had made a mistake.  Boy was I wrong.  If this guy doesn’t get team MVP at the end of the season, something is wrong.  I begrudgingly, have to give Rick Carlisle some credit as well for getting this team to play some defense.  But I never thought I would see the day when the Mavs would have a legitimate center and it wasn’t at the expense of something else.
If you could hang out with Charlie Sheen for a day, what would you either do or ask him?
-Phillip Pressley, Provost, Virginia
I would ask where is could get some tiger blood and if he had any Charlie Sheen I could sniff—the non explosive head batch of Charlie Sheen.

So if Romo were found dead and the Cowboys were given the number one pick, who do you take if you are the GM?
-L.S., Las Colinas
And now I’m going to have to report you to the authorities.

2 comments:

  1. Based on this post, I believe you should check out my important website for some journalistic advice: http://couldorcouldntcareless.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kimberly D. RichardsonMarch 9, 2011 at 8:18 AM

    Or NOT. We like him just the way he is, Thank YOU Very Much!

    ReplyDelete


The Future

Minions


Must...boogie away....season!